CLAUSE OVERVIEW INDEPENDENT CLAUSES PUNCTUATION PHRASES DEPENDENT CLAUSES PARALLEL STRUCTURE
Independent & Dependent Clauses
2) GET IT IN YOUR HEAD
- Memorize the definition in red on this page. (See above.)
- Check yourself in five minutes to see if you really memorized it.
- Repeat if necessary.
3) WATCH & LEARN
- Watch the video pausing when needed to take notes in your Google Keep notebook on the most important points. (This should take between ten and 15 minutes)
- Answer the checkup questions below to demonstrate your understanding of the video. Retake until you get 100 percent. (This should take between ten and 15 minutes)
4) VIDEO CHECKUP
5) FLASHCARDS SELF-CHECK
- Next, quiz yourself using the flash cards below.
- Write down any remaining questions you have about the topic in your Google Keep notes.
- This should take about ten minutes.
6) WORKSHEET WORKOUT
7) PRACTICE QUIZ
Meanwhile, at the other Claus's...
8) REPORT YOUR RESULTS
A clause is a group of words containing a subject and a verb.
9) FINAL CHECKUP
- Take the checkup . 10 min.
- Check your email for the results.
- Note which questions you answered with low confidence and learn more about them using the above resources, the additional review resources below, or your own independent research online. 20 min.
- Retake this checkup and repeat steps 1 and 2 at least three times or until you reach 100 percent. 20 min.
- Take the poll below (optional).
Is "I am" a sentence? If you are able, take this poll without doing any research ahead of time: